Monday, November 8, 2010

Prayer

by Dan Gagne

When I see the blessings,
I don't thank God for them.
When I'm drowning in troubles,
I don't blame God for them.

When I think about these blessings,
I realize they come from choices.
When I consider all these choices,
some are mine, and most are others'.

When the troubles seem too much,
they too, come from choices.
Thinking about these choices,
some are mine, and most are others'.

Circumstances come and go,
and most are beyond our control.
I don't thank God for the blessings,
I don't blame God for the troubles.

I thank God, not for blessings,
I thank god, for creating me.
He gave me freedom to choose,
and He gave me strength to endure.

I don't ask God for blessings,
because He lets it all be.
Not for strength and endurance,
He already gave these to me.

When I reflect in the moment
that He knows about the blessings,
I see his smile and his heart,
and I'm reminded He loves me.

When I reflect in the moment
that He sees all the troubles,
I see his cry and his heart,
and I'm reminded He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment